Sunday, April 28, 2013

Knackered

a sloth In the scheme of things I've good a quite comfortable life: I have a job and food on the table; a house and a bed and a small warm woman; and generally speaking nobody's trying to kill me on a daily basis.

I have to remind myself of that. I feel massively burned-out at the moment. Work is work and barely worth the mention (if you're desperate to know: the workplace is utterly fucking stupid at the moment and shows no prospect of getting any better). There's only so much utter stupidity you can be exposed to on a daily basis without its starting to chip away at your self-confidence.

Not been a weekend for recharging batteries - quite a lot on this week and not much space for getting some kip and not worrying about the time.

We must be due a bank holiday soon...

6 comments:

dinahmow said...

Oh dear! I do hope they haven't privatised Bank Holidays...

libby said...

That reminding yourself business....I do that a lot too, usually when I am at work and hating the fact that I am wishing my life away waiting for Fridays.

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm sorry work is being so fucking stupid at the moment. You sound like you need a good long time off away from it and little prospect of getting it.

Just one week to get through till the Bank Holiday. I hope things look up for you soon.

Pat said...

Cling on to the first para Kevin.xox

Helen Devries said...

Well, they don't come at you with a mechete, it's true...but they try to kill your soul all the same.

what happened to the days when you were allowed to do your job, not fart around on other people's ego trips.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Tim: This was one of the factors in my decision not to take voluntary redundancy at Christmas. I need to bear Elvis in mind.

dinahmow!!!! Not even in jest!

libby: this sounds horribly familiar...

fairyhedgehog and Pat: Thankee ladies!

Helen: did that ever happen? I always assumed that was an old wives' tale...