Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Probably stuffing his cheek pouches somewhere

a chocolate teapotWell, that's Easter done and dusted and not a sign of the Easter Hamster, the wretch.

Most years the Easter Hamster can be trusted to trawl across the land bestowing chocolate teapots to all the little boys and girls who have been good throughout the year. A bit like Santa Claus with more disciplined whiskers and a cute button nose. It is a highlight of the magical year.

 But not this year, and I have been colossally good: I haven't killed any library managers; I didn't send the "Fuck off you stupid bastard" email(s); and I didn't throw bricks through any of the windows. That's pretty damned good by anybody's standards. And what do I get for that? Not so much as a sniff of a chocolate teapot, I even checked in the back garden underneath the fence panels I haven't put up yet. Bastard.

I notice he drank the glass of sherry and ate the dish of sunflower seeds, though.

5 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

Hamsters are pyschopathic little characters - just take a look into their hard, unblicking, beady eyes - so you're probably better off sourcing your chocolate teapots from elsewhere. The May Day hedgehog will be round soon.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Yay! There is hope in a harsh and unfeeling world after all

Ms Scarlet said...

I would love a chocolate teapot instead of an egg... why has no one started making them. I will send this idea to Green and Black's and see what they say.
Sx

dinahmow said...

The hamster's probably stuck in his treadmill wheel.Or buggered off somewhere warm...

savannah said...

i had far too many cadbury's mini chocolate eggs again this year! *sigh* xoxoxox