Friday, October 30, 2009

Metronomes

The lack of trams across Manchester city centre has done wonders for my waistline and circulation as the two mile-long walks a day take effect but has had the side-effect of putting an intolerable strain on my powers of concentration. I have come to the conclusion that pretty young ladies with long legs should not wear black leggings, especially if they have long red hair pulled back into a pony tail. There appears to be a profusion of them and it is very distracting.

8 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

But it sounds positively lovely, Kevin: you surely should give your powers on concentration a rest on the journey to work and what better way than with the distraction of lovely long-legged redheads!

xerxes said...

I see, you want them to remove the leggings?

Ms Scarlet said...

Be happy and admire the view. Midi skirts will be back next year.
Sx

Major D'Omo said...

Were any of them Scots? Clearly not as you're back at the computer blogging. Any Scots among them and you'd still be out there. :-)

Lulu LaBonne said...

I think you need to go up and offer to carry their shopping, when you're walking next to them you don't see the legs so well.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Gadjo: it is rather nice, it is true.

InkyPowder-blue and wind-lashed isn't always a good look.

Scarlet: that's bad news, I look terrible in them!

Major: I'd need a social worker to bring me home

Lulu: the state of my back at the moment, I'd be bent double... now that's an idea...

KAZ said...

2 miles?
Isn't there a free bus or a sedan chair or something. You might be able to watch in comfort.

Kevin Musgrove said...

Kaz: It's a mile either way. There's allegedly a replacement bus service but I suspect that's just something they say to bring in tourists and the Discovery Channel.