Sunday, July 11, 2010

When Diana Dors ruled the world

My dad was playing on the swings with my small niece.


"Dinosaurs were very, very big," she said.

"Yes they were," he agreed.

"They were HUGE. And very, very fierce. Dinosaurs were very, very big and really fierce."

"Ooh yes."

"I've seen a dinosaur's bones. I saw a dinosaur skeleton. We went to the museum and we saw a dinosaur skeleton. It was huge. And I touched its claw. But it was all right because it was only the skeleton."

"Very good. Did it have big teeth as well?"

"It had very big teeth. But I wasn't scared: there aren't any dinosaurs any more. They died out. They all died out a long, long time ago."

"Well, that's a relief, isn't it?"



"It must have been very scary when you were a little boy, with all those dinosaurs running around."

10 comments:

Pat said...

Yes it was quite scary.

Anonymous said...

Ouch!

Kane said...

Hahaha. I was laughing so hard. Children really can be so innocent and that's why they're magical =)

Ms Scarlet said...

You should buy her a T-Rex album.
Sx
...well it confused me...

Lulu LaBonne said...

I was scared of my Nan - Dad used to call her a dinosaur

Nota Bene said...

Too much Flintstones...

The Poet Laura-eate said...

'Yes, the mammoths were the worst' is the answer to that. 'You wouldn't believe the fleas.'...

nursemyra said...

Adorable

Charlie said...

We used to burn dinosaur doo in the fireplace when I was a youngster. One flog kept us warm all winter in the wilds of New York state.

Kevin Musgrove said...

And you tell the youth of today this and they don't believe you.