Saturday, November 28, 2009

Singalong

The small niece has been regaling us with song. She started with an entirely passable (and word-perfect) medley of Half-Man, Half Biscuit songs (including exactly the right cadence for the lines "I'm going to play Pat Boone/On the county bassoon"), then gave us the naughty schoolchild's version of the Spiderman theme and finished off with a lusty rendition of "Jingle bells, Batman smells."

"Who taught you these?" I asked, knowingly.

"My daddy," she beamed.

I can't help feeling territorially offended. It should properly be the uncle's job to provide the irresponsibility in the tot's life.

3 comments:

Lulu LaBonne said...

I bet you can find lots of other ways to disrupt her innocence - my Nan gave me her dog ends so I could practice being a dragon, blowing the smoke through my nose like she did

xerxes said...

Yes I'm surprised too, they go to school to learn these things, while traditionally a grandmother acts like Lulu's to annoy the other grandmother.

Kevin Musgrove said...

My brother's the sort of father who buys his daughter a drum kit for her first birthday. It's difficult to compete with that.