Saturday, April 26, 2008

Valediction

Better than me will write mourning the passing of Humphrey Lyttleton but I couldn't let it pass disregarded here.

I shall miss his dry delivery in "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue," though we should be grateful for such a long and hilarious run. But mostly, I should be most grateful to him for his long-running jazz programme on Radio 2 which introduced me to some glorious music in the years before record companies relased their back-catalogues on CD.

A very civilised man.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I said hallo to him once on Cleveland St.

The Topiary Cow said...

Anyone who is into jazz has to be a good guy.

Moo!

fairyhedgehog said...

This is very sad. Mornington Crescent will never be the same again. And who else could make innuendos about the lovely Samantha in quite the same way?

I see that Radio 4 is planning a tribute day for him on 15th June. http://www.isihac.co.uk/

Kevin Musgrove said...

Thanks for the reminder, fairyhedgehog