Saturday, December 06, 2008

They don't make 'em like that any more

Had a meal with friends last night and repaired to their local for a drink. We reminisced about an old work colleague who was an inveterate old queen, camp as Christmas and always one for a cottage. We were laughing at the memory of the immortal line


"I went in for an honest pee and I stayed there all day!"

when one of their friends pottered over to say hello. Out of politeness we recounted the story to him.

"That reminds me of the time me and a friend went into a public toilet in York, of all places. A camp old queen came in, looks at both of us stood at the urinal and says: 'Hello, loves, would you like a sherry?' So I said yes please, and do you know what? He took a decanter and glasses out of a case he was carrying and asked:

'Dry or sweet?'"

Class act.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I've never been propositioned while standing at a urinal but then they don't have them in women's toilets.

Ms Scarlet said...

I was once propositioned in a garden centre with a pot of lemon verbena. My petals got crushed.
Sx

Unknown said...

I live in George Michael's manor, so have to watch my back.

Gadjo Dilo said...

A friend of mine went into the bogs in the underpass at Tottenham Court Road in London's Glittering West End and was ask by chap "Is the gentleman interested?" He was appalled, but it sounds to me like quite a civilised request.