Saturday, October 11, 2008

Old men forget

Talking to friends about the old days we generally drift towards the subject of our student days and inevitably we recall the time that Uncle Sean decided that James Joyce needed a birthday party and made a Guinness jelly and a cake and all the trimmings. And the Arnold Bax memorial headache. And Ingrid...

I lost track of Uncle Sean a few years back. I hope the old lad's tamed his demons and is looking after himself. Or, better still, is being looked after by someone who makes a decent cup of tea and likes draught Stravinsky.

I'm still damned if I can remember why we got into a fist-fight about the music of Georges Martinù though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where am I?

signed,

Papercuts (32).

Anonymous said...

on the cusp...

Gadjo Dilo said...

I wish I'd been to the same university as you, Kevin. I got a call from an old university camarade a couple of years ago and he still wanted to talk about The Human League (they were a pop group, and not an especially good one).

I once almost glassed somebody at an Alice B. Toklas memorial dinner.

Ms Scarlet said...

Papercuts, I don't know I'm only 12.

Sx

Kevin Musgrove said...

an Alice B. Toklas Memorial Dinner sounds a fine thing gd.

Kevin Musgrove (aged 6 and a few months)