Friday, May 10, 2013

Raw envy

The Small Object of Desire was talking to a colleague fresh from a film archivist's conference.

"How did it go?" she asked. 
"Oh very nicely. We had a good last evening. It's a bit geeky but it's a brilliant film."
She was telling me this as I cooked tea.
"Which fillum?" I asked. 
 "Oh, it was an old Fritz Lang film from the thirties. She said it had recently been restored. Five hours long, she said." 
"Not Doctor Mabuse der Spiegler?"
"That's the one... Is it OK?"
 Yes. It is. Fancy being paid to watch it...

5 comments:

Nota Bene said...

I live in hope of being paid for such things

savannah said...

i would be a millionaire already, sweet pea! LOL xoxoxo

dinahmow said...

I'm with NB, too.Getting free tickets for a review is not quite the same, is it?

Gadjo Dilo said...

Hmmm, calling a Fritz Lang film "a bit geeky" is like calling Shakespeare "a bit wordy".

Pat said...

I know the name but...